Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's been a while

I haven't posted anything here since the beginning of the year but decided to "re-activate my membership" mostly due to the current failings of the UH football program.

Last night was truly a horrific Halloween debacle that saw me walking out of a FOOTBALL GAME in the 2nd quarter! Being one of those who would admittedly pull over to the side of the road to watch a bunch of school kids play a game of two-handed touch, I would never have imagined that the level of play of a CFB game would be so bad that I would readily get up and walk out of Aloha Stadium before the teams actually left the field to head into the locker rooms for halftime.

Granted, it was Halloween and my new granddaughter's first one at that, so the plan going in was to watch half the game and head back home for trick or treating; see what her Mom had put together for her 1st costume; and host the in-laws from out of town for dinner. But I thought that I would be a reluctant participant in that plan. However, after watching UH punt it after 1 first down to open the game and then Air Force take the ball at their 10-yard line and march at will for a touchdown, reconsidering that stance seemed to be a good idea. The next 24 points only served to reaffirm the notion. (I was already walking through the gates when "Wild Blue Yonder" was being played by the PACAF band to celebrate the late field goal that made it 34-0 at the half)

At least the Halloween celebrations turned out to be fun but whenever the game came to mind it wasn't hard to imagine that the next time I get to see a Hawaii victory the most popular comment might be, "It's been a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment