Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Touchdown: Detroit

Apologies for the late posts but traveling made up-to-date posting difficult.
I will post the date of the photos.

September 1, 2016

Flew in to Detroit from Las Vegas in the afternoon.

This was taken as we were over the shore of Lake Michigan. Detroit was still about an hour away. I was surprised by how much farm land there is in Michigan. Nearly all the land from the coast until we passed the suburbs of Detroit consisted of small farms.


As I was riding in the cab to my hotel I spied this...the Hawaii charter plane at DTW.

I joined the Panda Travel group at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center in downtown Detroit. It's a premier hotel in the expansive complex that is GM World HQ. This is the view from my 16th floor room. It was mostly the opposing skyscraper in the Ren Cen but you could see some of the town and water.


I met up with fellow Tsaikos, M/M A-house and we decided to head to nearby Greek Town where she wanted to try Five Guys. Mmmmm...no argument from me.


After that, it was rest up for a day of sightseeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment